Thirteen Fit APPAREL - you didn't think we'd launch a blog and not use it as an excuse for new shirts, did you?!
This branch of the brand was really exciting for me, design wise, because it was a chance to reach outside of the more clean-line, minimal design work I've done in the past. This was my chance to get a little dirtier (but not totally... I'm a sucker for clean lines).
I wanted to stick with the 13U logo but wanted to do something slightly more interesting than slapping the logo plain on a tee. Two concepts emerged: one as the logo, as is (but you'll see a little zest with the concept) and the second as a more abstract-ish take on the logo.
Let's start with idea #1: the logo. Remember the ol' riddle: what's black and white and re(a)d all over? I distinctly recall my sister giving me this riddle when my age was likely in the single digits. I had NO idea and even when she told me the solution was a newspaper, I didn't understand it. I guess at that time I didn't understand puns. Well, here's my solution to that riddle - 13U in black with RED. Get it?! Hey, maybe the blog isn't quite paper news but you catch my drift!
Recently, I've been really into square designs. For this one, 13U is in a square which mimics the square around our STRONG LIKE RHINO design... and as a side note, I've definitely used some squares in recent custom work, too! No good reason except the square just feels so good. ;)
And idea #2: the maze. Say wuuuuut?! I'm going to bullet this concept because otherwise, I'll get carried away with too many words
- 13U logo turned into a "maze," more or less
- Gold path through the maze
- Gold path = journey to your #UltimateSelf... that being your #1 you, your best you
- If you followed our BLACK+GOLD Series, you know that at Thirteen Fit, we #DontSettleForSilver
- Maze starts on the bottom right, near "UNDERGROUND"
- Maze ends on the top left, near the "1"
- So, the maze is taking you from the bottom to the top, to #1, in gold, get it?